Outlook putting out going emails with photo attachments in a queue

Patty Williams 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T16:31:58.9466667+00:00

Why can't I send emails with a photo attachment from my phone? Make it stop. I never use it. I don't have the app in my phone.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hornblower409 16,200 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T06:33:17.86+00:00

    @Patty Williams said

    Why can't I send emails with a photo attachment from my phone ... I can't do my banking or any of my volunteer work or send to myself in an email

    I'm not sure I understand the whole problem. Are you only unable to send emails with an embedded photo? Or you can't send any emails at all?

    What happens when you send an email to yourself? Do you get any errors? Or does it just sit in your Outbox?

    You tagged your Question as | Outlook for Android | but then you said "I don't have the app in my phone". Does this mean that you are using the browser on your phone to access your mail at https://outlook.cloud.microsoft/

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. AI answer

    2026-09-25T16:32:14.3866667+00:00

    If the message is being queued when a photo is attached, the most likely cause is the attachment size limit or a current Outlook.com attachment issue.

    Try these steps:

    1. Check the message in Drafts or Outbox.
    2. If the photo attachment is large, remove it and try again with a smaller image.
      • In Outlook.com, messages with attachments larger than 25 MB cannot be sent.
      • In Outlook for iOS and Android, the attachment limit is 33 MB for other account types, and 20 MB for iCloud accounts.
    3. If the photo is blocked from sending, upload it to OneDrive and send a sharing link instead.
    4. If the issue is specifically with Outlook.com attachments, there is a documented workaround: use Attach > OneDrive or Upload and share, then send the file as a link.
    5. If the email is stuck in Outlook.com on a PC or Mac, use Send/Receive > Send/Receive all folders.
    6. If the inbox is full, clear space because a full inbox can prevent sending and receiving new mail.

    If Outlook is not installed on the phone, the photo may still be getting sent through an Outlook.com account from another mail client or through the Outlook.com service itself. The supported workaround in the documented attachment issue is still to send the photo as a OneDrive link instead of attaching the file directly.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.