Unable to use my Office 2019 products

cindy mcclarty 15 Reputation points
2026-09-24T13:46:33.26+00:00

Today I am unable to use any of my Office 2019 products. It is requesting a license number or to purchase 365 personal. I purchased basic last year. I purchased 2019 Office years ago and cannot find my original license number. Why did this happen and how to fix? No programs will open, cannot use Outlook, Word, Exel, etc.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-25T23:39:58.16+00:00

    Just a minor update: this problem is being investigated by Microsoft.

    You can help shed some light over the problem by clarifying which operating system you are running. Is it Windows 11 or an older version? Which one, in that case?

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-24T15:25:41.0533333+00:00

    Just to be clear, you are running Office under Windows? If you are, Office 2019 should definitely continue working, although the product is out of support.

    What is the exact error message you see? Does it explicitly say that Office 2019 is unlicensed?

    I am asking because even newer versions, such as my own installation of Office Home & Business 2024, now includes an "encouragement" to upgrade. See the screen shot.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.