Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games not letting me sign in

Bella Puente 50 Reputation points
2026-09-24T05:02:01.8933333+00:00

I've been playing this game signed into my xbox account every day for months. Today, on the day of the spider adventure, it decides that I can't log in. It gives me an error code of 0x8004a97e. I've been looking forward to the spider adventure event for weeks, it sounds sad but looking forward to this event has been one of the only things that has kept me going recently. I'm super bummed that it won't let me play the event in my account. I am a premium member and the ads are super frustrating. Spider adventures happen so rarely and it's my favorite game mode.

Things I've done:

  • Went into the app settings to repair the app
  • Went into the app settings to reset the app
  • Reset my time sync on my PC
  • Restarted my PC
  • Let time pass
  • Launch a different casual games launcher

I am already logged into my Xbox account of the Microsoft store no problem and I'm logged in on my xbox app. I don't have any TOS or security things to do. The day is almost over. All I wanted to do was the spider adventure. Spider solitaire keeps me going, I'm not even trying to be dramatic. I've just been struggling so much and this game is all I've been looking forward to. What do I do?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

11 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EKrause 10 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T06:37:28.7233333+00:00

    I was able to solve the problem, in fact with the help of a Google AI bot. Without AI assistance, I wouldn't have found this error, even though I'm a computer scientist and have known Windows since version 3.0.

    Apparently, you really have to ask the AI ​​the right questions to arrive at a solution.

    In my case, it had to do with user data that probably occurred during the clean installation last weekend…the installation likely got stuck somewhere unnoticed.

    You have to delete a hidden folder, and to do that, you first have to run some command-line commands in PowerShell as an administrator.

    However, I don't believe that yesterday's AI solution would also work with Windows 11, because according to the AI, Windows 11 uses services in some places that are structured differently than in Windows 10.

    In addition, this solution requires command-line knowledge, such as PowerShell, among other things.

    Therefore, I have some reservations about posting the solution here, because the problem is quite specific.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. John Kennedy 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T15:12:16.2266667+00:00

    I had to uninstall The most recent mainstream Windows 11 update for September 2026 KB5124010 (OS Build 26200.9550 for version 25H2 and then everything seems to be working fine. All Xbox games are now playable.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Clifford and Gabrielle Wood 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T03:44:23.18+00:00

    I re-registered my profile then restarted my laptop. Resolved

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. ALAN ALFREDO SAITO 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T18:06:55.2833333+00:00

    tambien el mismo problema , ya hace varuas horas que quiero abrir efotball 2027 en mi pc y no hay caso , da ese error

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. utkarsh yadav 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T16:09:08.4633333+00:00

    Facing the problem for 16 hours ,know in my efootball account which is connected to xbox live ,and it's really frustrating ,have done every possible thing microsoft ai ,chatgpt , gemini has said ,and I have got nothing ,when will this problem solve ,any human to reply

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.