Microsoft Bookings - Shared Bookings - Additional Customer details no showing

Dan Culver 0 Reputation points
2026-09-23T15:05:59.82+00:00

None of the additional customer fields are available for me to view. I am additionally asking for the customer's company name and for a reference number. But I cannot view that data.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Calendar
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lin v 1,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-23T16:07:12.0366667+00:00

    Hi Dan,

    I conducted a quick test on my end, and here's what I found.

    When I created custom fields but did not enable/select them under the service's Custom fields section, they did not appear on the customer-facing booking page. As a result, the customer would not be prompted to complete those fields, and no information would be captured for those questions.

    After enabling the custom fields and submitting a test booking, I was able to see the responses in both the Bookings calendar and the corresponding Outlook calendar event.

    Based on that, I would suggest checking the following:

    • Open Bookings.
    • Go to Services.
    • Select the affected service and choose Edit service.

    User's image

    • Under Custom fields, verify that the additional questions (for example, Company Name and Reference Number) are selected/enabled for that service.

    User's image

    • Save the service and create a new test booking as a customer, making sure to select yourself as the assigned staff member. Then verify whether the additional information is captured and displayed as expected.

    For reference, I've included example screenshots from my test environment showing where the information appears:

    1/ Outlook calendar event

    User's image

    2/ Bookings calendar appointment details

    User's image

    You may consider checking the above and let me know whether the results are as expected. I'll be glad to assist further if needed.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. AI answer

    2026-09-23T15:06:12.47+00:00

    Custom fields are stored in Shared Bookings, but they aren’t reliably exposed in all views.

    What is supported:

    1. In Bookings, go to the shared booking page and use Export.
    2. On Export recent data, choose the date range and select Export.
    3. Open the downloaded file.
    4. Review the Custom Fields column. That field contains the questions and answers collected for each booking.

    Important related behavior:

    • Shared Bookings reports include a Custom Fields field that combines all questions and answers for a booking.
    • Customer email, phone number, address, and notes are built-in fields, but additional questions such as company name and reference number are handled as custom fields.
    • If the expectation is to see those extra answers directly in the Outlook calendar event or confirmation details, that is not consistently available. A similar reported case showed additional information appearing only for users designated as Staff in the Bookings service, and customer confirmation email included only basic appointment details.

    If the goal is to retrieve and review company name and reference number today, the supported path in the available documentation is the Bookings export report.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.