Two more issues were fixed with server side rollout today - sadly this was not the day for File History feature, hopefully this week!
Two culprits: Security Update from 9/9, (KB5124008)(26200.9445) and (KB5129195)(26200.9457) installed on 9/15
2026-09 Security Update from 9/9, (KB5124008)(26200.9445) and (KB5129195)(26200.9457) installed today, both managed to render File History useless. I have spent hours and days trying to find a useful solution. I was able to uninstall both culprits and prevent them to be installed again.
In the Update History they still appear as successful installed.
However, it leaves two questions open:
#1. When they still appear in the Update history (after Uninstall and Reboot), they could still be installed (?) How to determine if they are still present in my system, despite the uninstall?
#2. If Microsoft could present a fix or workaround, so I could install both Security Updates and still have a fully functional File History, that would be best possible scenario.
Does anybody have a way out of this? - I could fear the upcoming Security Updates will create equally much trouble and time consuming troubleshooting in order to make File History work as designed.
Windows for home | Other | Windows update
6 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
MollFran88 15 Reputation points
2026-09-23T04:23:21.2333333+00:00 Sept 23 - optional update fixed the problem, finally!!
-
SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-18T14:09:21.13+00:00 Surely, have a great weekend!