Unable to Install Insider Build

BONES 0 Reputation points
2026-08-12T02:57:27.26+00:00

Last night I got an alert that my Insider Build was about to expire so I went to Settings and tried to initiate an update. It seemed to go well but this morning I got another alert about the current build expiring, so I assume it didn't work. I tried again but after more than 30 minutes now, it is still showing 0% downloaded, despite me (obviously) having a working internet connection.

I noticed that there are several others on the Insider Hub with the same issue. I tried to run the troubleshooter but it said it couldn't run.

OK, all of a sudden it's installing and it's at 20% but I still have little or no confidence that it will work any better this time than last. If it does happen to succeed, I'll let you know.

Build it is attempting to install -

Screenshot 2026-08-12 122547

Current Build no. -

Screenshot 2026-08-12 122519

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update
0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. CrazyKats 19,920 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-08-13T14:32:11.7366667+00:00

    Hi Bones,

    Glad you got it resolved and are

    now up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.