Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Hello PJ Baumeister,
Based on the information you provided, I understand that you are experiencing an issue when copying and pasting a table from Excel into the new Outlook. Instead of retaining the table formatting, the content is pasted as plain text.
I tested this behavior in my environment and was able to copy and paste an Excel table into Outlook while preserving the formatting, so the issue does not appear to be occurring universally.
As an initial troubleshooting step, could you please try right-clicking in the email body and selecting "Paste", or one of the available paste options such as "Paste as Image", to see whether the table formatting is retained?
And try to paste the same table into Outlook on the web, does the issue occur there as well? To help me investigate further, could you please provide the following information?
- Which version of new Outlook are you using?
- What operating system is your device running (Windows, macOS, etc.)?
- Are your colleagues experiencing the same behavior, or is the issue isolated to your device/account?
I look forward to your update.