cannot see public folders in new outlook

Joe 0 Reputation points
2026-05-07T12:23:27.3433333+00:00

We cannot see Public Folders in the new Outlook. I have tried the Microsoft fix, right clicking your name and adding a public folder. It never shows up. They are checked in View>Folder Pane.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2026-05-07T14:26:59.7366667+00:00

    Hi @Joe, 

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.  

    Regarding that you have add a public folder but doesn't see it show up in the folder pane. I’d like to ask a quick questions to better understand your situation and assist you effectively:  

    • Are you able to see and access these Public Folders in Classic Outlook or Outlook on the web?   
    • When you right‑click your mailbox name and choose Add Public Folder, does the option complete successfully with no error, or does nothing happen? 
    • Are you following the same steps shown in the image below? After completing them, do you see any folder added under the Favorites section?  User's image
    • Is this issue affecting all users in your organization, or only specific accounts? 
    • When you check in Classic Outlook, do the Public Folders appear there as expected? 

    User's image User's image

    In the meantime, please try the following steps to reset the New Outlook:  

    1. Right-click the Windows Start button and go to Installed apps.   User's image
    2. Locate Outlook in the listUser's image
    3. Click the three dots next to it and select Advanced options.   User's image
    4. From there, choose Reset and then repair the app.  User's image

    Thank you again for your time and understanding. While my initial response may not resolve the issue immediately, I’d like to gather more details about your situation so I can assist you more effectively.              

    I really appreciate your patience, and I’m here to help. Looking forward to your response!                        


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".                 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread   

    Was this answer helpful?