Unknown Pdf's in my One Drive Folder

Frank Rafferty 20 Reputation points
2026-04-22T19:42:04.7233333+00:00

I have discovered a batch of PDF files in my OneDrive folder and am unable to remove them by right-clicking or clicking the three dots. It only offers me to share or open, and these are clearly spam. Is my account secure and how do I get rid oif this filth?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ferdinand Nanalig 33,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-04-23T17:13:11.7133333+00:00

Because you don’t own the file, OneDrive won’t let you delete it—so dragging it to the recycle bin won’t work.

If the file appears suspicious or inappropriate, you can report it.

On the Microsoft OneDrive website, sign in and go to the Shared section. If you can find the file there, right-click it and select “Report a concern.” Choose the appropriate reason, add any relevant details, then submit the report.

If the file doesn’t appear in Shared, or if you’d rather not sign in, you can report it using Microsoft’s anonymous Report Abuse form by submitting the file link.

Please note that this is a public forum. I will do my best to respond within a short time, and I apologize for any delay. I’m simply another user sharing insights and information that may be helpful to others.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Andrés Isaza 0 Reputation points
    2026-05-04T14:23:56.4766667+00:00

    They are not shared files I deleted all the folders and files from the drive. THe only place you can see them is the home folder on the web poratl.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ferdinand Nanalig 33,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-04-22T21:44:27.4+00:00

    Hi, let me help you.

    Where are the files located in your OneDrive?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.