error code,0x800704cf

Prescott DeMeo 85 Reputation points
2026-03-16T19:19:24.4766667+00:00

I am using windows 11on a PC and when I try to log into my Microsoft account I get the error code, even though I am already online. How do I sort this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

9 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. KENTBEATTY-1699 10 Reputation points
    2026-04-07T22:00:15.38+00:00

    Problem resolved temporarily on Windows 10 ESU by uninstalling March 2026 Security Update (KB5078885). Now I can sign into Office apps again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. C.Y. Fu 5 Reputation points
    2026-03-20T08:58:11.04+00:00

    By uninstalling the newest update:

    2026-03 Security Update (KB5079473) (26200.8037)

    Everything solved.

    Note that this problem may occur randomly, i got two PCs all installed this new update, but only one PC have such issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  4. Gösta Serlachius 5 Reputation points
    2026-03-18T13:46:41.95+00:00

    Unfortunately none of these help. This is really frustrating. I've spent 5 hours trying to solve this. This must have been seen before the update was released.

    MS send an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Gary Arnold 0 Reputation points
    2026-03-17T15:58:01.39+00:00

    I had to make a new profile on my computer. Using that profile, I was able to sign in to both my work and personal OneDrive. Also, when I went back to my original profile, I was also able to sign in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.