Help ! Converting pub files

Arlis Sturdy 20 Reputation points
2026-03-05T18:58:07.69+00:00

I have over 2000 pub files - what app is easiest to use to batch convert

You wouldn't just leave loyal (since 1995) users out to hang

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | For home

6 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Luke-M 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T19:23:11.44+00:00

    If you still have Publisher installed, Microsoft’s PowerShell sample (and the community macros on this thread) is still the free path for thousands of files. That sample fails a lot for ordinary reasons: you are not in the script folder, execution policy blocks it, or Publisher / Office interop is missing.

    If Publisher is gone from your machines, or PowerShell is not realistic for your team, there is another option. Full disclosure: I built PubConvert for Windows.

    It is a paid Windows app on the Microsoft Store. It converts .pub files on your PC without needing Publisher installed, including large batches (thousands of files):

    apps.microsoft.com/store/detail

    I am not affiliated with Microsoft. This is a third-party app I made. Happy to answer practical questions if anyone tries it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.