Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hi,
Thank you for sharing your question. I understand how frustrating it is to encounter error code 400‑4 when trying to install Office 2013, especially when you need to get your apps running again as soon as possible. Issues like this are common with older Office versions and can appear when the installation files are incomplete, conflicting versions of Office are still present, or when the system configuration no longer supports the installer.
Based on my knowledge, installation errors with older Office versions are often resolved by first uninstalling any existing or partial Office installations, restarting the device, and then running the installation again. Microsoft also provides an Office Uninstall Tool as a recommended method when standard uninstallation does not work, as removing old or corrupted Office components often resolves setup failures.
Additionally, Microsoft’s general troubleshooting guidance notes that installation failures can occur when the version being installed conflicts with another version already on the PC or when system requirements are not met, and a clean reinstall is usually the recommended fix.
May I ask whether you already had any older or partial Office versions installed on this device, or if this is a fresh installation on a new system? Please feel free to follow up with any details you can share, and I will be happy to guide you step‑by‑step through resolving the error and completing the installation successfully.
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Noel