How do I delete share files on my One Drive.

Bongani Phiri 20 Reputation points
2026-01-14T22:39:44.6666667+00:00

How do I delete shared files on onedrive and stop sharing. Very annoying. I am using my iphone and iPad i am finding it difficult to delete share files and stop sharing. Help asap.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | iOS
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 271.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-01-14T23:15:29.9066667+00:00

Hello,

The file technically doesn't live in your OneDrive, but lives in the sender's OneDrive. It doesn't take up your OneDrive storage. It is just listed for you to see. As of today, you cannot delete it, but you can hide it/remove it from the list.

On your iphone for example, go to the Shared tab, click on the Shared tab, click on the three dots next to the file and choose "remove from shared list".

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.