Can't join To do list

Chris Oosthuizen 80 Reputation points
2026-01-03T09:01:53.92+00:00

Shared a list with someone. When they click to join, they get this error:

"Can't join list. It looks like this list isn't available. Try contacting the person who invited you".

I checked that we are both Private accounts. I have gone through all the possible solutions that I could find but still cannot get the other person to join the list. We share other lists already. I have tried creating a new list but experience the same problem. After the error message on the recipient's side, I get a message that the person has joined the list, but this is not the case.

We have uninstalled/reinstalled the mobile apps, cleared the memory, tried the online option, nothing seems to work.

Why is this happening?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | For home

Answer recommended by moderator
Chris Oosthuizen 80 Reputation points
2026-01-20T20:20:20.2766667+00:00

Looks like the issue has been resolved for me. I can now share lists again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.