Minecraft Purchase

Darkest Entity 5 Reputation points
2025-12-22T21:57:04.17+00:00

I currently have some cash saved up to buy minecraft. However, I want to purchase minecraft in a way that I dont have to buy it again when I switch devices. I was hoping that as long as I login to microsoft with the same account i purchased it on, I'd simply be able to login and download it without re-paying. Is that possible?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2025-12-22T21:57:21.2033333+00:00

    Yes, you can purchase Minecraft and then download it on different devices without having to pay again, as long as you log in with the same Microsoft account that you used to make the purchase. This is in line with the Windows 10 sharing policy, which allows games to be installed on multiple devices under the same Microsoft account. Once you purchase the game, you can install it on up to ten devices, and as long as you are signed in with the purchasing account, you will be able to access and download the game without repurchasing it.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
  2. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,730 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-12-22T22:38:28.0333333+00:00

    Hi! If you purchased Minecraft for Windows, you won’t need to buy it again as long as you install it on a Windows PC using the same Microsoft account you used to purchase it (sign in to the Microsoft Store and install it from Library / Owned).

    Just keep in mind that this purchase doesn’t transfer to other platforms, for example Xbox, PlayStation, Android, or iOS use separate store licenses, so you’d need to purchase Minecraft again on those devices (and in some cases you may also need the relevant subscription for online play, depending on the platform).

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Dilpreet Singh 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-04T20:14:28.36+00:00

    Yo I want to buy Minecraft with a Microsoft gift card how ever I don't know if its the black gift card with the Microsoft logo on it or if its the green Xbox one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.