How can I speak to a human being within Microsoft UK?

Tom K 125 Reputation points
2025-11-17T14:20:44.6933333+00:00

I’ve tried the telephone numbers published and I get a computerised voice that keeps sending me back to the internet no matter what phrase I use and then ends the call automatically. I can’t even raise a chat within my accounts. There must be other telephone numbers out there. At 81 years old I’m very frustrated that I can’t talk to a human. Three years ago I managed to talk to someone working from home but not anymore. That’s progress for you! Has anyone else had this problem lately? Many thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.8K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2025-11-17T14:42:11.11+00:00

Phone support appears to be low priority to Microsoft, at least for consumers (home users).

There is a support chat that you can access via https://support.microsoft.com/contactus .

Alternatively, try asking your question in this forum. Maybe someone can help, but note that contributors in the forum do not have access to billing and account information.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.

2 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Nathan 30 Reputation points
    2025-12-12T11:26:16.06+00:00

    I also have the same issue. Did you ever get a fix for this?

    I have no idea how I'm going to continue running my business without access. Nobody at Microsoft seems to be able to help, I keep getting sent links that no longer exist, or a telephone chat bot that refuses to connect you to anybody.

    I opened a ticket after trying that number numerous times, and nobody called me back within the 24 hours stated (on day 3 and still nothing, reading online it seems I'll be lucky to have a call this side of Christmas)... unreal

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    1 deleted comment

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more