How do I merge 2 M365 family subscriptions into 1

Jeff Hatton 40 Reputation points
2025-11-04T20:39:21.07+00:00

I have an M365 family subscription that is connected to my outlook email account. Later I mistakenly started a new M365 family subscription to add my wife and used a newer email address so now I am paying for 2 subscriptions on 2 separate accounts. I would like to delete one of them, but I don't want to lose what I have on the cloud that is connected to either account. Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS_726 30,450 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-11-04T21:13:34.6433333+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately, you cannot merge accounts. So you do need to cancel one subscription and keep the other one.

What type of content do you wish to keep in the cloud? If these are files, you can download them from www.onedrive.com in the account you wish to cancel subscription on, and then upload those files into the OneDrive on the account you would be keeping.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
JC 8,240 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-11-04T21:14:57.52+00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot merge two separate family subscriptions, your best option would be to backup the files of one of the subscriptions, transfer them over to the one you’re keeping and cancelling the subscription for the one you emptied out, once only one family subscription remains, invite the one that’s now outside the family group.

Source: Combining Microsoft accounts - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps,

JC

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.