A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Please use Help>Feedback>Report a problem to report this bug. The more reports, the faster it will get fixed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When in Word using full screen (on a Mac), all of a sudden today the top Autosaving Ribbon is now covering the (Home, Insert, Draw, etc.) ribbon. I have tried to force quit but it is still covering it. I have attached a photo to hopefully explain better. This only happens when I am in full screen. I have been in word all morning and this just happened. Not sure why?
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Please use Help>Feedback>Report a problem to report this bug. The more reports, the faster it will get fixed.
This is a known issue which has to be addressed at the developer level. It is not fixable at the user level. I'm certain that a fix will be pushed out fairly soon so I suggest just avoiding Full Screen for the time being.
Note that you still should be able to click the bottom edge of the Ribbon tabs despite the problem & the Option key method of accessing the Ribbon still works.
Try using Focus View:
[Shift+Control+Command+F to toggle if on/off]
When in Focus View move the pointer to the very top to expose Ribbon & Menu Bar, to the very bottom to display Status Bar. You also can press Option to display only Ribbon & QAT.
Fixed in 16.102.3.
Fixed by 16.102.2 [Current Channel (Preview)]