MS Word on iPad OS 26 Will Not Select Text

Anthony Hunter 85 Reputation points
2025-10-23T18:57:47.6333333+00:00

Word for iPad on iPad OS 26 will not select text with the mouse or trackpad on my iPad Air M3 13 Inch. Text selection works in every other app on the device except Word. I have had to resort to using Word in the web browser to overcome the issue. Hopefully, a fix is coming. I am running iPad OS 26.01.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Other

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Erik 5 Reputation points
    2026-03-02T08:19:22.08+00:00

    I have the same problem. I've been sending the report for a while now, but I haven't received a response. What can we do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. John Oliver 11,700 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-10-23T20:03:33.7866667+00:00

    Hello Anthony Hunter, thanks for posting this in our community.

    Please check if Microsoft Word has any available updates by opening the App Store, searching for Microsoft Word, and tapping "Update" if it's available. Microsoft may release a patch soon to address this issue.

    I also suggest using the “Send Feedback” option within the Word app. You can access this by tapping your profile icon, then selecting Help & Feedback, followed by Send Feedback. This helps prioritize the fix and ensures the issue is brought to the attention of the development team.

    Kind regards,

    John Oli

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.