Copilot m365 textbox move to the top when copilot writes or I scroll to the bottom

Rogelio Gámez 55 Reputation points
2025-10-07T13:15:08.3866667+00:00

I was recently moved to copilot 365 and this is happening.

The textbox moves to the top and I can no longer see the conversation.

User's image

Same case for the desktop app:
User's image

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | App

14 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Joel Edwards 20 Reputation points
    2025-10-10T08:37:12.9066667+00:00

    I've been having the same problem for a few days now, particularly in longer chats the input box keeps moving up higher and higher until eventually i cannot even see the chat contents. If I refresh the page and then navigate back to the same chat then it initially displays the full top of the chat before it starts scrolling to the bottom but as it does that the input box progressively moves up the screen until i once again cannot see any of the chat (or at the very least I have less than an inch of space to scroll through the chat content)

    frankly it's made copilot almost entirely unusable for me beyond the initial start of a conversation, starting a new conversation for every followup is a stupid workaround, but i have no choice if I want to use copilot

    @Haien-L none of your suggestions seem to be helpful in my case, the closest i can get to making it readable again is to set the page zoom to 25% at which point the text is so tiny I can't even read it with a magnifying glass. All browsers are affected, including Chome, Opera, Edge, MS-Teams, CoPilot app, etc. basically EVERY implementation of Copilot has this bug and it's affecting my entire team at work on every computer.

    User's image

    unable to even scroll to the top of the chat because the scroll bar is rendered entirely off screen making it inaccessible

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Bryan Wills 15 Reputation points
    2025-10-09T14:18:32.1033333+00:00

    I have this exact problem myself. I get the dialog box a half to two-thirds of the page. I just started with a new company, and it is happening on a new install, nothing is blocking it, cache or otherwise. The specific <div> causing this is: <div id="m365-chat-inputt-shared-wrapper">

    I was using a fresh Windows 11 laptop, updated, and the first time using Edge.

    From the looks of it, it seems to be an issue with the website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Dale Capenerhurst 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-06T22:55:27.7033333+00:00

    Our work also has this issue across multiple staff.

    Does Microsoft have any fixes yet?

    Fully closing the desktop app and reopening, then going back to a previous conversation is unacceptable. It will then move the contents up again after it generates the next response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Michael Nicholson 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-04T17:49:25.6033333+00:00

    Yeah this is happening to me, both in the browser and on the app. I keep doing workarounds, but it is really crushing my productivity to the point where I might have to use something else until this gets fixed. Ive tried all the suggestions on various postings Ive found about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Anonymous
    2025-10-10T15:07:47.3533333+00:00

    I have this exact same issue since a few days ago. This seems like a regression to me, and none of the solutions suggested here have worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.