Edge lost option to reload in IE mode

Gpotter719 55 Reputation points
2025-10-06T17:05:19.8733333+00:00

I've completely lost the option to reload in IE mode on multiple different pc's that uses edge as of today. Its set to allow in edge://settings/defaultBrowser and I've even added sites to it to try to force it to work that way but no luck. I have old software that runs from a local networked computer that only runs in IE mode. Anyone having this issue and found a fix/work around? I've also reset default settings in IE, cleared cache/history, rebooted pc, and disabled/re-enabled that setting.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Huy Dat Nguyen 85 Reputation points
    2026-01-26T14:34:42.58+00:00

    Why did you lost option to IE mode? Read this:

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

  2. Don Schaefer 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-25T13:56:00.8066667+00:00

    Microsoft, here's an idea! Why don't you update RDS (RDWEB) so that it doesn't require Internet Explorer 11 to work properly. In default Edge, the the option to connect to Users Desktops doesn't show.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments