PHOTOS APP NOT OPENING IN WINDOWS 10 AFTER RECENT UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10

chetan vora 40 Reputation points
2025-09-23T10:46:09.23+00:00

PHOTOS APP NOT OPENING IN WINDOWS 10 AFTER A RECENT UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10, I HAVE TRIED ALL METHODS, UN-INSTALLED & THEN RE-INSTALLED PHOTOS APP, RESTART THE PC , BUT STILL THE PHOTOS APP IS NOT OPENING IN WINDOWS 10.

PLEASE GUIDE ME HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

REGARDS

CHETAN

EMAIL --> ******@hotmail.com

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Apps

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-09-23T22:27:39.2633333+00:00

Please try this if it helps.

Uninstall Photos App

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows PowerShell (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then press Enter

get-appxpackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | remove-appxpackage

After that, open Microsoft Edge

Please try to visit https://store.rg-adguard.net/

In the drop-down list menu on the right side, select Retail

Search for:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9wzdncrfjbh4?hl=en-US&gl=PH

Click the check mark

Download: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2024.11070.11002.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle (605.39 MB)

Double-click the downloaded file to install


Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-09-23T11:40:41.6+00:00

Hi, good day!

I'll be asking a few questions so I can have a better idea what solutions to provide.

  • Do you mean you installed a recent September windows update or upgraded your version of Windows 10?
  • What is the exact version of your Photos app Press Start then search Photos app Right click it then select App settings Under Specifications, see Version

I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment below".

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Half_Potato 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-01T07:26:44.44+00:00

    hello
    I have same poblem, and I use windows 10 too.

    when I install old version of photo app, eveything is good, but Microsoft Store update this app immediately, and boom , same poblem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.