August 26, 2025 KB5063842 (OS Build 19045.6282) Taskbar feels clunky after update

thom b 10 Reputation points
2025-08-28T20:09:32.4366667+00:00

Hello,

After the new KB5063842 update, my taskbar has a slight delay. When I have two tabs open and switch between them with the mouse, there is a noticeable delay, but alt-tabbing works flawlessly.

Same thing happens when I click show hidden icons via mouse on my taskbar.

I would also like to add that I have never had a problem with this.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar
0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-09-26T05:45:12.65+00:00

    Hi, thank you for that information. I'm glad it is working fine now. Moreover, if you still have the same issue going forward, I recommend doing the system restore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.