How can I designate a safe sender in Outlook Android?

kathy2343 20 Reputation points
2025-08-15T20:35:17.32+00:00

How can I designate a safe sender? All the info I've found says it's done through the Account Settings Junk Mail option, but no Junk Mail option appears. It's an IMAP account--should I have set it up differently?

I get a daily email with an image I need to see, but it doesn't appear in the mobile app, even though I've designated the sender as safe via Outlook desktop.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

Answer accepted by question author
Jeronimo Fuerte 46,730 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-08-15T21:37:04.5466667+00:00

Hi! You cannot designate a safe sender directly in the Outlook Android app, Safe Sender functionality is only available via Outlook desktop or web versions; the Android app does not support managing Safe Sender lists via IMAP accounts.

Because of this limitation, image-based content from that sender remains blocked on mobile, despite being marked safe on desktop. Outlook for Android, when connected via IMAP, doesn’t apply desktop/web junk-mail or safe-sender rules, nor does it auto-load images, even from trusted senders, unless images are manually allowed per message.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful