Taskbar issue

Jay Wink 0 Reputation points
2025-08-14T01:45:58.06+00:00

I am not sure how this happened, but a couple days ago, I suddenly got a duplicate "google" on the taskbar whenever I open Edge to google.com. I have tried unpinning it and it will not let me and if I close either one, both close. How do I get rid of the 2nd google on the taskbar. It does not show up if Edge is on a different website.

See pic.Capture.JPG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar

11 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jay Wink 0 Reputation points
    2026-03-26T15:45:45.47+00:00

    This still has not been fixed with a patch or update. Are there any other suggestions to fix this as the suggestions above did not fix it and there have been no updates that fixed it either?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.