Email address attached to my hotmail email address

Greg Montgomery 20 Reputation points
2025-08-02T19:43:06.1933333+00:00

Why is another email address that I've never seen before attached to mine. Thus I get multiple emails with the following. How do I un-attach this email address from my own?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-08-02T20:22:21.8966667+00:00

Hello ,

I fear someone might have set up email forwarding from your account, to forward every single email you received to a different address.

To confirm this, make sure you do this on a computer, not on smartphone or tablet. Go to https://www.outlook.com and log in, click on the gear icon in the top right to launch the settings.

Then, on the Mail tab, go to Rules. Are there any rules set up here? If yes, delete them all.

Then check the conditional transfer, again, if it's there, delete it.

Then, check Forwarding and IMAP, If any items are present, delete them as well.

===========

If you can't find anything, go to https://account.live.com > Your info > Sign in Preferences. Make sure to check all the aliases here. If you don't recognize any there, delete it.

Then go to Security > Manage How I sign in, make sure all contact info is yours.

Please make sure you change your password and enable two-step verficiation.

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.