OneNote Search Results not pinning

Krajewski, Todd 10 Reputation points
2025-07-23T17:46:04.84+00:00

When attempting to click the "pin search results (Alt-O)" or by pressing ALT-O, the pinning action does not work.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

6 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. L U 26 Reputation points
    2025-12-22T00:35:53.2666667+00:00

    I had the problem. I found a string in all notebooks (desktop 365 app). Accidentally clicked "Find on page". Realised mistake, and then below the results I clicked "Pin search results" but it did not work (wanted dated long list).

    Cleared search (x in search box) and re-input search, directly clicked Pin search results - did not work.

    Closing and restarting OneNote app did not fix - searched something else, and then clicked Pin search results, did not work.

    Might have stuffed something up by choosing Find before Pin in the same search?

    Remedy:

    =======

    Anyway, closed OneNote.

    Cleared (renamed-aside) the "cache" folder here:

    C:\Users\mckayl\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0

    Re-opened OneNote (waited for all Sync to come good).

    Searched - the list took a little time to arrive - clicked Pin search results, and a little wait, and I got my dated search results, pinned OK.

    Was this answer helpful?