Cancel my account

Anonymous
2025-06-08T15:15:16+00:00

As per my bank statement Microsoft charged me for something that I never used. I can't even access my account which made me create a new one. Can someone close my account please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Christine Luna 27,370 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-06-08T15:51:12+00:00

Hi Roxanne,

I'm Christine, I'll be happy to assist you. Sorry to hear that you can't access your account and unable to cancel or stop the charges. No worries, I'll do my best to help you.

May I know when was the last time that you have accessed your account?

What is the error message that you're getting when trying to access it?

Have you tried to reset the password already?

If not, please reset the password first, then once done, you may check the charges on your account and cancel it.

You may reset your password from the link below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

But in case you will not be able to recover it, you may try to reach the MS Accounts & Billing Support to check other options if they could cancel it for you.

Kindly open this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

Ensure that your MS Account has been signed in (the one with the subscription)

Type "Chat with an agent" and hit Enter.

Please click the "Contact support"

Please select the "Products and services"

Please follow the prompts to connect with a live agent.

You may also choose the "Call me back" option if you prefer to receive a call.

Once you're connected to the Live Agent, please let them know about your issue so they could check your account and address your concern.

Thank you,

Christine L

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest