Issue with Account Recovery – Unable to Receive SMS Verification Code

Anonymous
2025-06-02T09:58:55+00:00

StartFragment

Hello Microsoft Support Team and Community,

I’m facing a critical issue with my personal Microsoft account. My only verification method is SMS, but I am no longer receiving authentication codes for signing in, even though I can receive SMS verification codes for password reset.

Key Details:

  • Egypt is NOT listed among Microsoft’s regionally restricted countries for SMS receiving, so this issue should not be due to country-wide limitations.
  • I can receive SMS verification codes only for password reset, but not for login authentication or security verification.
  • My case has been escalated to the higher support team, but I have not received any feedback despite multiple follow-ups.
  • I have spent the last four weeks troubleshooting with Microsoft Support, trying every available solution in their knowledge base—with no success.
  • What I’ve Tried:
  • Submitted 10+ support cases, but none provided a solution.
    • Tickets:
      • 7077476632 7077474717 7077170229 7076738357 7076694489 7076503790 7076315921 7076209080 7075872569
  • Filled out the account recovery form, but my request was rejected.
  • Explored alternative verification methods, but I have no email, Microsoft Authenticator, or backup options linked to my account.

What I Need:

I urgently need an alternative way to verify my account since SMS is no longer working for login authentication. I’d appreciate guidance from Microsoft moderators or users who have faced a similar issue.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? How can I escalate my case further or get direct assistance (including paid) from Microsoft?

Thank you in advance for any help!

EndFragment

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T14:45:31+00:00

    Hi Wael Aldaleel

    Thank you for your reply.

    Since your case have been escalated, it is best to reach out to Microsoft Support again. If you prefer to contact our phone or chat teams, you can do so by following the link below:

     Contact - Microsoft Support

    Once you've opened the link, do the following:

    (1) Provide a brief description of your problem and click Get Help;

    (2) click Contact Supportat the bottom of the****results that appear;

    (3) click Confirm after making sure which product you have a problem with**;** and

    (4) Finally, you will have the option of contacting an Office chat representative or receiving a call from an Office telephone representative.

    Best regards

    Lonex P.

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T17:09:55+00:00

    Hi Lonex,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I've already exhausted all support communications channels with no success. I've been promised that the case esclated and I would get a reply within 24-72 hours, which never happened. Any way to bring it to the attention of the higher-tier support team?

    Hi Wael Aldaleel

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    I understand the frustration you are experiencing with not receiving SMS verification codes for logging into your Microsoft account. To address this issue, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft Support directly through their official channels for further assistance. You can contact Microsoft Support via phone, chat, or email to escalate your case and explore alternative verification methods. Additionally, you can inquire about any paid support options available for more personalized assistance. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

    Best Regards,

    Lonex P.

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T15:04:21+00:00

    Hi Wael Aldaleel

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    I understand the frustration you are experiencing with not receiving SMS verification codes for logging into your Microsoft account. To address this issue, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft Support directly through their official channels for further assistance. You can contact Microsoft Support via phone, chat, or email to escalate your case and explore alternative verification methods. Additionally, you can inquire about any paid support options available for more personalized assistance. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

    Best Regards,

    Lonex P.

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments