PLEASE continue to support the Web viewer add-in!

Anonymous
2024-12-01T14:24:31+00:00

I noticed that the webviewer extension will stop supporting from December 2024, which is very sudden for me.

I am a teacher from China. With Web viewer, I can directly display teaching-related web pages in PowerPoint without exiting. It can be directly integrated with PowerPoint elements, and the effect is very good.

The end of support for Web viewer is too sudden, because I have a lot of teaching PPTs using this add-in. Can Microsoft continue to support this add-in? This add-in is very important to me. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

8 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T10:20:24+00:00

    I've only just seen the "This add-in will be disabled from Dec 2024" wording today.
    When it stops working, most of my presentations will break, and I can't find an alternative.

    I use the Web Viewer add-in in combination with graphics, to make it look like the webpage is being displayed on a laptop or a mobile phone...which was a great affect and meant I didn't have to navigate away from PowerPoint during my presentation, which is important for flow...

    :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-22T15:25:52+00:00

    Maalesef hayır. Microsoft bu eklentiyi kullanımdan kaldırdı ve yerine geçecek bir şey üretmedi.

    Sorry, I don't speak Turkish; if that didn't make any sense, we can blame Google Translate.

    Or as Google would say:

    Üzgünüm, Türkçe bilmiyorum; eğer bu mantıklı gelmediyse Google Translate'i suçlayabiliriz.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T08:48:54+00:00

    Same here. PLEASE continue to support the Web viewer add-in!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments