A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Great - thank you - I'll give it a go
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Is it possible to create the equation below in Word? I have tried but the "T" and the "t=1" appear to the right of the E symbol whereas they should be on the top and bottom.
Would really appreciate any assistance.
Thanks in advance.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Great - thank you - I'll give it a go
Your Mac has an application called Grapher. It's in the Utilities folder. Give it a try.
Dear User,
I also conducted a test following the steps outlined above, utilizing the tools available in the equation editor to construct the equation. However, could not get the result as well. It may be possible this is limitation.
If you've checked all these and it's still not displaying correctly, I am sharing the most efficient way to share your feedback with our developers through any Microsoft 365 application. From your app, go to Help > Feedback. They review customer feedback on a daily basis. To enhance the effectiveness of your feedback on, I kindly ask that you include a screenshot when relevant. Additionally, if possible, please enable the option to allow them to reach out to you and provide your email address.
Have a great day and take care! 😊
Sincerely,
Naren | Microsoft Community Moderator
Dear User,
It looks like the equation editor interpreted your input as plain text rather than converting it into the formatted equation. You have to first, insert the equation by selecting the "Insert Equation" option. Next, ensure you are in the Professional format by clicking on the "Professional Format" button. Then, use the fraction template by selecting the "Fraction Template" option. Finally, add the summation with limits by choosing the "Summation with Limits" template. By using the equation editor's tools to build the equation step-by-step, you can ensure that each part of the equation is formatted correctly.
I conducted a test following the steps outlined above, utilizing the tools available in the equation editor to construct the equation.
Have a great day and take care! 😊
Sincerely,
Naren | Microsoft Community Moderator