Something Went Wrong. [4wbr5] Problem

Anonymous
2024-11-19T10:54:02+00:00

Hi,

We are encountering the error mentioned in the subject in the Office 365 and Office 2019 software we use within the company. As far as we have identified, this issue occurs on computers that have been running for more than a few days, and it resolves when we restart the computer. However, since we have a large number of devices, constantly restarting them is not a viable solution.

What could be the cause of the issue?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For education | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

12 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T20:09:09+00:00

    I had the same issue on my Windows 10 PC.

    I clicked on the "Setting/Apps/Microsoft 365 - en - US" then selected Uninstall

    It looked like nothing was happening but I waited for a few minutes, then rebooted my computer.

    I do not get the error any more and my locally installed office applications run fine.

    Hope this helps...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T14:33:04+00:00

    Hello Dan,
    Were you able to find a resolution to this issue? Im currently experiencing the same issue with a user right now and would love your insight on this. It seems like the only remedy for the time being is a restrat. It seems to occur atleast once a day and at random and it also impacts Teams seemingly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-10T20:17:15+00:00

    I have this same issue with W11 clients only. I was also looking at continuous access evaluation and ca policy but I would think if root cause was either it would apply to both w10 and w11. I have also seen Windows 11 efficiency mode kill the broker service but Microsoft has not provided a way to turn off this feature for the broker. I have been working a support case for a few months now with Microsoft with no resolution. Really hoping that restarting the officec2r service every ten minutes provides some relief while we hold out for a permanent fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-02T16:07:34+00:00

    Dear Naren,

    since a couple of weeks I have the exact same problem of Emirham. I implemented all your suggestions, including running Outlook in safe mode, but there was no effect. On average I have to restart my PC twice per day.

    More over, this affect OneDrive and Teams. With Teams it is quite disturbing because it can happen in the middle of a meeting when I'm presenting shared content. It happened already twice and it is not nice having to reboot and let all the attendees waiting for me for 4-5 mins.

    It looks like a brand new issue...

    Thanks for looking into it more in dept.

    Gianluca

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T07:58:39+00:00

    Dear Emirhan,

    The error you're encountering with the tag 4wbr5, error code 2147943811, and correlation ID 6ad51176-***-467f-****-264d******36c5 is often related to issues with Outlook's authentication and identity cache.

    Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

    1. Clear OneAuth and IdentityCache Folders:
    • Close all Microsoft applications (such as Office, Teams, OneDrive, etc.).
    • Search for %AppData% in the Windows search box and navigate to the Microsoft folder (C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft).
    • Cut the OneAuth and IdentityCache folders out of the Microsoft folder and paste them onto your desktop.
    • Relaunch Outlook and sign in.
    • If the issue persists, close Outlook, copy the OneAuth and IdentityCache folders back into the Microsoft folder, and when prompted to overwrite, select "No". Relaunch Outlook and sign in again.
    1. Repair Office:
    • Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    • Select your Office installation and choose "Repair".
    • Follow the prompts to complete the repair process.
    1. Clean Up Temporary Files:
    • Open Start > Run and type the following locations one by one, pressing Enter after each:
      • C:\Windows\Temp
      • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
    • Delete the files in these folders.

    There may be instances where third-party add-ins are contributing to the issue. To confirm this, please start Outlook in Safe Mode by pressing the Windows + R keys, typing Outlook.exe /safe, and pressing Enter. If Outlook operates without any problems in Safe Mode, this may indicate that one or more add-ins are responsible for the issue. To identify the specific add-in causing the problem, please disable them one by one and check for the issue after each one.

    Have a great day and take care! 😊 

    Sincerely, 

    Naren | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments