macOS 12.7.6 OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-11-22T14:42:14+00:00

Hi, I have a. 2017 MacBook Air and hence use the OS 12 versions. I’ve recently found that OneDrive no longer works and based on other posts here, this seems to be a common problem caused by OneDrive updating to versions that no longer support my OS. I’ve moved the OneDrive app from the Application to Trash folder and downloaded a version based on links I”ve seen in other posts. When I run the installer though, I get the following error. Any suggestions please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-23T09:27:23+00:00

Dear Nikhil Sarna,

Hello! Welcome to the Microsoft Community. I'm glad to be able to assist you. If I misunderstand your question, please let me know promptly.

I understand that you have encountered some problems when using OneDrive. Due to the system version problem, you have to use the old version of OneDrive, but you encounter an error when installing it. I understand the trouble this problem has caused you, and I will try my best to help you solve it.

Regarding the news that OneDrive no longer supports the lower version of IOS system, this news is indeed correct. The minimum version required for the latest update of OneDrive to run is macOS 13.

Here is the official document on this issue: OneDrive release notes - Microsoft Support

I'm not sure which thread you got this old version of OneDrive installation package from. However, we can also provide you with an old version of OneDrive offline installation package. You can try it to see how it works.

https://oneclient.sfx.ms/Mac/Installers/23.054.0313.0003/universal/OneDrive.pkg

Please delete the previous OneDrive before installing. If you get any results, please let me know.

I hope the above information is helpful. If you have any progress or questions, please let me know. Sorry, my next reply will be late, but I will keep following up.

Best Wishes

Pyke.D | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

15 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T11:41:42+00:00

    Thanks a lot Pyke, I've managed to resolve the issue by using the link you mentioned. I've also deleted the MS autoupdate. Will Onedrive continue to work on my mac and not get updated? I'm not sure what I need to be aware of going forward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T12:15:02+00:00

    Dear Nikhil Sarna,

    Thank you for your reply and feedback. I am glad that this method can help you solve the problem. Regarding the issue of disabling OneDrive automatic updates. There is currently no official support article.

    Generally speaking, if you disable MS automatic updates, OneDrive should not update automatically. According to a user's feedback, you can try the following method to see if this can solve your problem. After execution, you can observe for a while to see if it is useful.

    Open "Terminal", paste each line of command below into the terminal and press Enter to execute.

    Its function is to remove the execution permission of the automatically updated program, and the update program cannot be executed.

    chmod -x '/Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/OneDrive Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDriveUpdater'

    chmod -x /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/StandaloneUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDriveStandaloneUpdater

    I hope the above information is helpful. If you have any questions, you can always ask in the Microsoft Community.

    Best Wishes

    Pyke.D | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T08:56:26+00:00

    I have the same issue. I downloaded the link that you provided and the installation was successful. However, when I copy the command lines you provided to disable the automatic update, it won't accept it. See below:

    Mac-Pro ~ % chmod -x '/Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/OneDrive Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDriveUpdater'

    chmod: Unable to change file mode on /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/OneDrive Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDriveUpdater: Operation not permitted

    Mac-Pro ~ % chmod -x /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/StandaloneUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDriveStandaloneUpdater

    chmod: Unable to change file mode on /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/StandaloneUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDriveStandaloneUpdater: Operation not permitted

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T20:59:30+00:00

    I have tried this link but get the same error message about not being able to install. I did delete the prior application that would not work first as instructed..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments