The Print option no longer exists on the new Word Doc on my iPad Pro. It only offers me to Save on One Drive.

Anonymous
2024-08-20T00:54:18+00:00

The Print option no longer exists on new Word Doc on my iPad Pro. It only offers me to Save on One Drive. Which I don't want to use. I have always saved to Files. But now, no matter how or where I saved the Doc it still does not allow me to print. No icon, no option. My only solution was to email it to myself & print from the email copy. When I saved the email copy to Files App it reverted to the annoying Save or Upload to Share options. No print options. This has only started in the last few weeks. All my old files, docs & Comments print fine. It is not a Printer interface problem. It only the new Word that is the problem. HELP!!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

16 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T08:00:20+00:00

    Hi Diane N126,

    Thanks for your post in Microsoft Community.

    What version of Word for iPadOS are you using? 

    I just tested the print function in Word version 2.88 (24080627), and it is still available. 

    Please try uninstalling Word and then reinstalling the Word app from the App Store to see if that resolves the issue.

    I hope the information above is helpful to you, and I look forward to your reply!

    Best Regards,

    Thomas C - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T09:42:13+00:00

    Hi Thomas

    This is the only thing available when clicking on the 3 dots. The share option just offers a share or save option. Neither of which allows you to print later.

    I’ll try to reinstall & see if that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T09:44:48+00:00

    Opps Sorry. That photo was from Share.

    This is what appears when clicking on the 3 dots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T11:55:17+00:00

    I just had a conversation with colleagues from other departments, who told me that in some versions of Word for iPadOS, the print function has been moved to the triangle on the right side of the document name.

    I wanted to share this information with you as soon as I heard it. I suggest you try to see if you can find the print feature there.

    Looking forward to your reply!

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T22:27:10+00:00

    Hallelujah! You are a champion & a life saver, Thomas. I found the Print & Save option under that little Triangle. Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments