The Print option no longer exists on the new Word Doc on my iPad Pro. It only offers me to Save on One Drive.

Anonymous
2024-08-20T00:54:18+00:00

The Print option no longer exists on new Word Doc on my iPad Pro. It only offers me to Save on One Drive. Which I don't want to use. I have always saved to Files. But now, no matter how or where I saved the Doc it still does not allow me to print. No icon, no option. My only solution was to email it to myself & print from the email copy. When I saved the email copy to Files App it reverted to the annoying Save or Upload to Share options. No print options. This has only started in the last few weeks. All my old files, docs & Comments print fine. It is not a Printer interface problem. It only the new Word that is the problem. HELP!!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

16 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T22:13:36+00:00

    Is there a reply to this question only I am having the same issues when trying to print a word document. It’s very frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T22:18:09+00:00

    I found the little triangle next to the file name worked for me, but the file had to actually be saved on my iPad; I couldn’t open a Word document from Dropbox and just print it without saving to the iPad itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T18:13:08+00:00

    It is incredible that this change is left to the end user to figure out what happened to the print button. Even your AI that answers questions didn’t have a clue that the File button was replaced with the down arrow. You guys have to do better!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T22:29:43+00:00

    I found PRINT and it shows "preparing document" and that's it. No option for printer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T21:15:41+00:00

    Thomas, I found the Print option in the inverted caret. However, it does not link to my preferred printer, nor does anything Print when I try CMD+P.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments