Can Anonymous form of Microsoft Form collect IP address and email? I created a survey by Microsoft Form and I wonder if I could know the location (like country) of the respondents

Anonymous
2023-12-12T03:36:56+00:00

Hi,

Can Anonymous form of Microsoft Form collect IP address and email?

I created a survey by Microsoft Form and I wonder if I could know the location (like country) of the respondents.

In advance thank you.

Best Regards

Thao

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T06:38:46+00:00

    Dear respected Thao,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    We went through your post carefully and we do understand your demand of collecting IP address and email for Microsoft Forms with Anonymous settings. And we are sorry to convey that it is no available to achieve this.

    The anonymous form of Microsoft Forms does not collect IP addresses or email addresses of the respondents. This is because the anonymous form is designed to protect the privacy of the respondents. Therefore, you will not be able to know the location or country of the respondents. However, if you want to collect this information, you can create a non-anonymous form and ask the respondents to provide their email addresses and location.

    Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    Mia | Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments