How to downgrade my OneDrive subscription

Anonymous
2024-01-06T17:08:22+00:00

Hi there,

I realized that I have too much storage on OneDrive. I would like to reduce the amount of storage I have (in other words, downgrade my OneDrive subscription). Could you please give me a step-by-step instruction on how I can do this? I only see options to upgrade my subscriptions.

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T17:58:22+00:00

    Hello ABC_328,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I am a Microsoft user just like you, I hope you are doing well.

    You did not specify which subscription you currently have. However, you simply need to cancel your current subscription or turn off recurring billing, after your subscription expires, you purchase the OneDrive subscription of your choice.

    If you cancel your subscription, OneDrive as well as other Office apps will enter read-only mode. This mode allows you to view and download your files but you cannot upload to OneDrive.

    Your files will remain available, thanks to OneDrive retention period. Once you have started your new subscription or joined another subscription, OneDrive and Office apps will regain full functionality. Note, depending on your subscription, you may no longer have access to Office desktop apps.

    To turn recurring billing off: https://support.microsoft.com/office/c7c0bc32-9744-4acf-9818-815d5c96cc59

    I await your response.

    Give back to the Community, Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

    Warm regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments