Proxy Authentication Error - 2606 for OneDrive

Anonymous
2023-08-24T05:46:06+00:00

Hi,
I'm getting "Proxy Authentication Error - 2606" when I try to sync my OneDrive. Currently using OneDrive App, however it's difficult to maintain a copy on laptop and then sync. Need to Explorer version on my laptop, which was there initially. Recent PW update started giving me this error.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-13T19:18:54+00:00

First sign-out of your Microsoft account

Open the command prompt window by pressing Windows + R

type in this command: RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ResetIEtoDefaults

Run that script without checking the box in the prompt

Re-open outlook/onedrive and sign-in and you should be all-set

This worked for me and my client

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

29 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-11T11:14:14+00:00

    Hi,
    I'm getting "Proxy Authentication Error - 2606" when I try to sync my OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments