Can I install both Microsoft 365 and Office 2021 on the same computer in different user profiles

Charles Kenyon 171.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-09-17T07:47:35+00:00

I have both, and regularly answer questions here in the Word forum. My laptop with 365 just died and I would like to be able to access both on one machine, even if I have to switch users.

I know that I can't have both on the same computer with the same user.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T19:50:43+00:00

    Hello, I bought a new desktop PC (Windows 11) that has "Microsoft 365" available on it for subscription purchase. I didn't purchase it or download anything for it as I know of. ***I also didn't delete any of the 365 data***. Instead, I simply bought and installed Office Pro Plus 2021, since I didn't want a subscription.

    Fyi, in the "Installed Apps" folder I see my working Pro Plus 2021, and there is no 365 showing (seems to make sense), but there is an "Office" entry (with almost solid red icon next to it). There's no MB size noted next to Pro Plus, but the "Office" item shows as 160MB.

    I've since read that 365 should be uninstalled before installing PP2021. Since I didn't install 365, nor delete any of it's data, is it okay to continue with PP2021 as is, or do I need to delete anything related to 365 even though I didn't install it? PP2021 seems to be working fine thus far, two days after installing it.

    Many thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments