Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-05T14:32:41+00:00

    It's insane that we can't pay using a new card when we move to a different country. get your act together Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T10:15:59+00:00

    Australia here ya I don’t have any subscriptions and yet it is still greyed out this really frustrating because I need windows pro for bit locker

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T05:17:34+00:00

    Meanwhile when i press cancel, the message says i will have my storage reduced to 5GB so what happens to all my stuff ? also I am stuck on a yearly subscription that just renewed so I have to wait 11 months to makethe change , and upgrade to a family sub ?

    Or, I upgrade my new sub to family in my old country - which is more expensive - and wait a year until I can move it to my new country ?

    Crazy. Youre a global corporation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T04:15:56+00:00

    Hi Adrián L, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region. You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Hope this helps!

    This is terrible. I got this reply from Microsoft Support (I have Microsoft 365 Business Basic)

    Regrettably, the country/region of your subscription cannot be altered. The availability of services, applicable taxes and billing currency, and the data center location are all determined by the country/region where your organization is based. If you need to change your organization's country/region, you must create a new account, select the preferred country or region, and purchase a new subscription.

    I don't mind continuing to use the existing country, but my new payment card that I got in my new country can't be used in this account as it states the card doesn't work. The existing payment card I have has already expired in last month, and I have to go back to my previous country to get it renewed. How do you expect us to use Office 365 in this age of globalization when people migrate to different countries more often? As microsoft suggested I could go with a new subscription, but then what if I migrated to another country? then I need another subscription. The worst thing is migrating data. I have to migrate OneDrive, outlook, etc.. data to the new subscription wasting a tremendous amount of my time. This is really a terrible service. You should let people to change the country at least via support. I don't mind providing proof that I actually migrated if it helps them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments