Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-15T13:22:47+00:00

    Hi Adrián L, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region. You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Hope this helps!

    Dear Blessing

    Thank you so much for the explanation!! I guessed it was something like that since Spotify and Apple have similar policies.

    Have a great weekend.

    Kind regards

    Adrián

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-19T09:42:10+00:00

    I have the same issue. I was able to successfully add a card, but when I try to subscribe to Microsoft 365 (expired April 2023 due to old credit card expiring), I can't use the card I added. And the field for country is grayed out as well if I try to manually type it in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T09:56:04+00:00

    Hi, I have the same issue of moving countries, and I am unable to even cancel it myself, so that I can change the country in the payments section.

    Can you pls let me know how I can cancel the current subscription?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T16:41:55+00:00

    Will I lose my data on One Drive, if I create new subscription in new region?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments