Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T04:12:53+00:00

    I can't make a pay for increased storage as the payment system asks for a U S A post code and state but I,m in Australia what can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-12T13:37:11+00:00

    OK, i just entered all the current country bank details and used my old postcode and it seemed to work! Little odd that you can't change the country billing country, when MS can blats see that everything in and on your account is set somewhere else.... anyhoo, at least it went through :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-12T13:31:09+00:00

    Well how do you update the payment then without losing all your information and email address already set to this account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T11:58:48+00:00

    Hi Amer, the basic rule is, you can only activate Microsoft Office in the country/region it was purchased. Office product key error "This product key isn't meant for your region" - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments