Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-12T13:04:49+00:00

    Oscar, are you saying if I let my existing subscription end, that it will be possible to purchase a new subscription on a new card (from another country) using the same email address?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T16:07:10+00:00

    So I don’t have a subscription. My account says the proper country yet i can’t change the country for my payment method which is wrong and greyed out.

    How do i fix that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-20T09:58:47+00:00

    Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

    My xbox and my credit card are based in Turkey but when I go to purchase something from the store it says there is an issue with the region. I traced this issue to the page where I can't change the location of my credit card. It is stuck in the Netherlands and I can't change it. Do you have any advice for this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T23:03:43+00:00

    Hi I'd Just Canceled in one country and pay with new card in a new country with the same email account it was so easy!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments