Forms and IP-adress

Anonymous
2022-10-05T13:41:36+00:00

Hi

We want to create an anonymous form where we cannot track those who have answered. Please confirm that Microsoft Forms does not collect and store the IP-addresses of those who respond?

In advance thank you.

Best Regards

Cecilie Bosse

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-05T14:58:00+00:00

    Dear  Cecilie Lodberg Bosse,

    Greetings! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    I want to assure you that Anonymous form is truly anonymous. There is no way Microsoft Forms can store the IP Addresses of the respondents. The Form is just anonymous as the word says.

    If you go to check the form settings > Who can fill out this form, you will find that there is no Record name option for the Anonymous link type(Anyone can respond), so it neither records the username nor the IP Address. Microsoft Forms have no that kind of functionality:

    Thank you for kind understanding and cooperation. I hope the above helps! I wish you Good luck and stay safe!

    Sincerely,   

    Edwine | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T15:19:21+00:00

    Dear Cecilie Lodberg Bosse,

    May I know if you have seen our reply? May I know if you still need help? If so, you can post back and we will also continue to try our best to help you.

    Sincerely,

    Sukie | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments