OneDrive Stuck at Setting Things up on my iPhone

Anonymous
2020-12-21T01:56:35+00:00

Hello!

I cannot upload pictures from my iPhone SE.  The app reports it has been "Setting Things Up" now for months.  What do I need to do to get this fixed?

NLE.

[Moved from  Microsoft 365 and Office/OneDrive/iPhone & iPad/Microsoft 365 Apps or Office 365 Business]

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

10 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-07T20:10:03+00:00

    I tried all the normal stuff... uninstalling, reinstalling, signing out, signing in, toggling upload off and on -- all the seemingly "logical" troubleshooting. None of it helped.

    This is what worked for me:

    Try this counterintuitive fix…

    1. On your iPhone open up the OneDrive app
    2. Open OneDrive Settings -- click on your profile image in the upper left corner
    3. Under the category "Files and Photos", select "Camera Upload."
    4. Under the "Options" heading, make sure the "Download Using Cellular Data" option is toggled in the "ON" position.

    It instantly solved my auto-upload problem. I hope it works for you.

    iPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T16:37:01+00:00

    Deleting old photos, that I knew were already backed up, worked for me also. It just seemed to unjam it, then all of my new photos synced also. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T11:20:34+00:00

    This is now fixed at my end!

    Did the following:

    • Moved almost 1 GB of photos/video from [Pictures] folder to another folder from OneDrive Web Portal using PC. 

    After that iPhone photos started uploading.

    @Microsft, some message/prompt to assist on this issue coumd have been helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T09:38:33+00:00

    Same issue here with iPhone stuck at “Setting things up”.

    Have done the below with no luck:

    1. Deleted lot of photos from iphone.
    2. Uninstalled OneDrive and reinstalled. 
    3. Disabled photo upload and enabled it again. 
    4. Moved photos from uploaded pictures/month folder to other folder. 
    5. Restarted iPhone. 
    6. Battery status during all the above operations was 77%

    @Microsoft, please investigate!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T02:44:54+00:00

    Is there a solution to this as I have the same exact problem with my personal O365 onedrive account, using the iOS OneDrive app.

    Hi!

    I'm not sure if this is helpful but what I did was to go to the WEB version of onedrive (onedrive.live.com) to see if my latest iphone photos were uploaded there. 

    They weren't, but instead they had some really old photos (2017 ones) that were still being uploaded. So I assume it got "stuck" somewhere in the system. 

    I then deleted a few (maybe 10-20 photos?) to see if it would help. 

    After a few hours, I noticed the words "setting things up" changed to "100+ photos uploading" and things were moving! 

    Not sure if this was a fix or just so happened to work, but you might want to try. 

    One problem though - A lot of my old 2017 photos are now listed as 19 January 2021, so I think the dates are a bit messed up. But my latest photos from this morning (21 January 2021) have been uploading instantly so it seems to be moving now. 

    Hope it works for you too! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments