Microsoft OneDrive App for Android not showing usual settings

Anonymous
2019-05-15T11:50:03+00:00

Hello, 

I tried to set up 4 new users this morning on Samsung Galaxy J4+ phones for OneDrive.  Our work accounts are through o365 and that logged in correctly.  Outlook is working correctly.  However, when I signed them into OneDrive the usual layout was not there.  This is what it usually looks like:

But theirs only had Shared Libraries and Me as options at the bottom and there was no way of adding any files.  I checked the settings and there was no way of turning anything 'on'.  I've never had this before and wondered if it was the handset.  I have set up another new one of the same model this morning and signed into OneDrive myself and it looks like the above image.  So then I wondered if it was something in their profile settings but these all look normal.  I can't find any information on the setup I saw this morning on their handsets - I have sent them off using it in a browser instead but that doesn't create pdfs like the app.

Any suggestions on why their app isn't showing the same layout or settings as usual?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-05-15T12:37:35+00:00

Hi Joanne,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused by the problem.

Based on your description, when we tested at our end by creating a new user and adding the new user account to OneDrive application, user can see only Libraries and Me only if the OneDrive is not provisioned. It means that new users didn’t access the OneDrive even once after their account has been setup.

So, firstly we suggest to convey the new users to access their OneDrive by signing into Office 365 portal and after that, clear all data for OneDrive application and sign in with Office 365 account.

To clear all data for OneDrive: Go to Android settings> Applications> Click on the OneDrive application> Clear data

Please let us know the result after trying it.

Regards,

Chitrahaas

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T14:24:19+00:00

    Hi Joanne,

    Thanks for writing back and letting us know. Glad to hear the problem is resolved and in future if you have any queries, please feel free to post in this community.

    Regards,

    Chitrahaas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T14:17:14+00:00

    Ah!  This has now worked - thank you for your quick help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T13:25:02+00:00

    Hi Joanne,

    Thanks for writing back and to clear data in Samsung, can you please follow below steps:

    Open Settings (settings of Mobile)> Clicks on Apps> Scroll to OneDrive and click on it> Storage> Clear data.

    Please let us know the result after trying it.

    Thanks,

    Chitrahaas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T13:14:34+00:00

    Hello, 

    Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately, once in OneDrive Application in settings there is no option to clear data.  There is nothing about data at all in fact.  I have gone into the settings of the app and there is nothing like that there either - please advise where this may be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments