OneDrive folder can't be created on my Mac

Anonymous
2019-06-12T23:37:17+00:00

I keep getting the error "**Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected"**each time I try setting up OneDrive. I don't know the fix although it tells me non-removable drive and case sensitive format. I need help getting this setup.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-23T08:54:41+00:00

    Case-sensitive is normal: Los-Angeles or los-angeles, Microsoft or microsoft? Or maybe LOS-ANGELES? Did you see the difference? Remember, a is not A.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-17T04:54:10+00:00

    I tried adding OneDrive to "Full Disk Access" (under Settings > Security & Privacy) to no avail.

    I guess the message "isn't, ... on a disk that has a case-sensitive format." is actually legit.  

    Ext2 (1993) is sensitive.

    NTFS (1993)  is sensitive.

    APFS (if configured) is sensitive.

    Boggles the mind.

    Oh, well.  I guess I'll go save myself 56 MiB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-08T11:16:49+00:00

    Check to see what partition format your Mac drive has. I had they problem since my drive was APFS case-sensitive format. Go to disk utility . Disk Utility menu-> EDIT->Add APFS volume. Select the APFS as format not the APFS case sensitive. This will create a second volume without deleting the current volume. This creates a MOUNT point. Then setup Onedrive in the new volume....This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-22T15:53:57+00:00

    OneDrive is not compatible with Mac OS Catalina Developer Beta 10.15 Release 5 or earlier.  The MacBook must be updated to Release 6 or higher.  As of August 22, 2019, Apple is on release 7, so the update is available.  

    Background:  I tried every tip I could find and spent days trying to get OneDrive to allow me to select a location on my MacBook.  With Release 6, the problem was SOLVED!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-26T16:54:15+00:00

    I have the same problem my folder name contains a dash and space.

    "One Drive - MyCompanyName" 

    MacOS 10.14.5

    2018 MacBook Pro

    Is Case Sensative? No.

    File System Personality: AFPS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments