OneDrive folder can't be created on my Mac

Anonymous
2019-06-12T23:37:17+00:00

I keep getting the error "**Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected"**each time I try setting up OneDrive. I don't know the fix although it tells me non-removable drive and case sensitive format. I need help getting this setup.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-08T11:16:49+00:00

    Check to see what partition format your Mac drive has. I had they problem since my drive was APFS case-sensitive format. Go to disk utility . Disk Utility menu-> EDIT->Add APFS volume. Select the APFS as format not the APFS case sensitive. This will create a second volume without deleting the current volume. This creates a MOUNT point. Then setup Onedrive in the new volume....This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-13T08:24:17+00:00

    I'm not sure what you mean by creating a Folder in OneDrive folder. The folder I named "OneDrive" was created without the use of the app so that I can can select that folder within the app. But any place I select, I get this error.

    [PII masked by Alex Wang MSFT, 9:19 AM, 6/13/2019]

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-17T04:54:10+00:00

    I tried adding OneDrive to "Full Disk Access" (under Settings > Security & Privacy) to no avail.

    I guess the message "isn't, ... on a disk that has a case-sensitive format." is actually legit.  

    Ext2 (1993) is sensitive.

    NTFS (1993)  is sensitive.

    APFS (if configured) is sensitive.

    Boggles the mind.

    Oh, well.  I guess I'll go save myself 56 MiB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-13T07:01:46+00:00

    I am able to create a OneDrive folder online and I am able to create folders in my finder. Meaning it's only the OneDrive folder I can't create on my Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-22T15:53:57+00:00

    OneDrive is not compatible with Mac OS Catalina Developer Beta 10.15 Release 5 or earlier.  The MacBook must be updated to Release 6 or higher.  As of August 22, 2019, Apple is on release 7, so the update is available.  

    Background:  I tried every tip I could find and spent days trying to get OneDrive to allow me to select a location on my MacBook.  With Release 6, the problem was SOLVED!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments