How can i fix outlook ignoring my language settings.

Anonymous
2025-02-22T04:57:16+00:00

The outlook app on my android phone has begun displaying in japanese, despite my default language being set to english on both my phone and in the outlook app itself. How do i fix this?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T06:49:44+00:00

    Looks like it is related to Android. I also started seeing messages in Russian here in there (I have OnePlus).

    I fixed that issue by removing Russian language from Android settings and then added Russian in keyboard settings. Works so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T03:58:00+00:00

    Same problem here, except my Galaxy S25 Ultra is switching to Chinese (TW). Started happening a couple days ago. Chinese (TW) is a language that I'd like to keep installed. I don't have this issue with any other apps, so I think it's a Microsoft issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T03:30:59+00:00

    I had the same problem. Uninstalling Outlook fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T01:26:08+00:00

    I reinstalled Outlokk several times. Everytime it works for day or two and then problem returns. I called Samsung they checked all settings and didn't find anything wrong, suggested to call Microsoft. Tried to call them but was not possible to get to support. So far unfortunately no resolution found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T10:24:03+00:00

    I encountered the same issue since yesterday. Despite the system language set to English, the app displays Hungarian. Based on the feedbacks it's definitely not a silod problem, it would be good to get some updates besides the usual responses.

    Android user on Samsung S25 if it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments