Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
JamesAshdown, thank you very much for your instructions. I had the same problem and it helped me a lot!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My Outlook.com email account was compromised, and a malicious inbox rule labeled idtienphuoc1 keeps reappearing even after I delete it. The rule forwards emails to an external address ([email protected]) and stops further processing.
I have already:
Despite this, the malicious rule keeps being recreated automatically with a new internal ID, indicating some kind of server-side corruption or unauthorized persistence.
I have tried going through support but they aren't able to help, and I'm unable to get in contact with "tier 2" Microsoft support, who I think should be able to perform a backend purge of mailbox rules or inspection of delegated access not visible to user tools
Does anyone have experience in solving this?
Or can a Microsoft Moderator escalate this to the security or mailbox engineering team? It is clearly a backend persistence issue, not solvable through standard user-facing tools.
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
JamesAshdown, thank you very much for your instructions. I had the same problem and it helped me a lot!
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have changed my password, but i cannot turn 2 factor authentication on because i cannot receive the email needed to complete the procedure.
I guess is something with the damn rule.
Still trying everything here, but i´m a little noob, so i dont understand most of what Bo said up there.
Still tryin, though.
Thank you for your help, really.
Regards
Hi mate, I just replied to another comment, follow the steps I did and you should be fine - essential thing is you use the desktop and not a phone as you get better settings
Same here.
I am very worried.
Any solutions to deleting the idtienphuoc1 rule?